"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Your metabolism is a FURNACE!!!


  • Kashi 7 grain garlic and wheat crackers (120 calorie)
  • Laughing cow 50% less fat swiss cheese (35 calorie)
  • 1 slice of ham (15 calorie)
  • half of ruby red grapefruit (37 calorie)
  • bottle of 16.9 oz water and fiber sure powdered fiber (25 calorie)
  • TOTAL CALORIES - 232 CALORIES
Every meal I eat, I try to have 300 calories per meal. I eat 5x a day and I eat 300 calories (or less) every meal. Think of your body as a smaller furnace. If you don't give the furnace any wood every 3 hours the fire will most likely smother out and stop burning...well if you keep giving the furnace wood (or oil whichever suits your metaphoric brain better) it will continue to burn and need more wood inserted into it so that the fire can stay alive. Well, thats how our bodies work. If you keep eating, your body will not mistake you for going into a famine. The reason why we store fat and our metabolisms slow down is because the body is preparing for a famine. If you give the body food constantly thoroughout the day, the body will say
"gee I sure am glad this famine is over so now we can burn up this food and get it out of here... I got tired of storing this stuff"
Think about that....
(more on this later)


8 comments:

  1. I just love the way you compared our bodies to a furnace! I'm going to try to eat more smaller meals through out the day. Oh and you look FANTASTIC by the way! Keep up all your hard work! It's paying off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you're on top of it. You are so informative and open with your info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I am trying to be a better me for the new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog!! Very helpful!! Girl your doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The meal looks so tasty. I LOVE laughing cow cheese on wheat thins. I will have to try this snack for sure. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great way to think about it! It makes perfect sense and I wasn't going to get up at 6am today. (its 12 something am right now) Now I really have to get up and make my protein shake! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you need to be making my snacks, gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sprinkle a little crushed red pepper on this snack if you like a little kick. Plus red pepper increases metabolism. Check out this article:

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1343221/red_pepper_the_natural_fatburner.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin