"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Burning Fat 101


Chatan, Japan - SHURI CASTLE 2008

As women, we have hormonal factors working against us which prevents us from building too much muscle. Its called estrogen, and it ensures we have the right amount of muscle to accent our beautiful curves. I love that stuff!! Anyway, when you wear those stiletto heels, go for a brisk walk, run up the steps at home, or even work out, we get something called micro-tears in our muscles in all parts of our bodies. Even swinging your arms gives you micro-tears... Micro tears can be detrimental to losing weight efficiently! After taking that brisk walk in those stiletto heels from the department store to the car, the muscles start to recover when you sit down and take a rest . If you do not have enough protein in your system from your daily diet, the muscles will recover by filling in those micro tears by using its own mass. That can prevent you from building more muscle, and if you are not building more muscle then you are not burning more FAT!!!
Start snacking on peanuts, walnuts, edamame beans, even beef jerky in between meals! You can not afford to lose muscle mass (you wont build too much so don't worry) even if you don't weight train, cardio training is still a priority to get that protein. I can not stress how important it really truly is!!!

A lot of us choose to walk to lose weight which is fine. It gets you cardio, its a full body work out, fat burner, and it is amazing for your circulatory system. When you get home, please recover by eating a small amount of protein. 10 grams is usually the perfect amount. We usually say after an intensive workout
"I am sooo sore"
Well, you are sore because your muscles are asking for PROTEIN! It is the forgotten food so indulge, the only benefits in indulging in protein is fat loss and muscle gain!

8 comments:

  1. I can learn so much from you!!!! I love this blog. I had no idea about this stuff. I was suppose to get some edamame beans but I was lazy and I didn't eat all that great today so I will be picking me up some beans tomorrow. Keep it up with the great information. I really needed this. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I really need to work on getting more protein in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been told that you should drink a glass of milk after a workout to get the some protien in you body. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I'm always sore after a workout... I could use the extra protein! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing wisdom sis,,and sharpening me...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea protein intake would aid in sore/stressed muscles ... I suppose it's similar to drinking water to release stored water throughout your body ... interesting and insightful post!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin