"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentines day Blues!


Well, it is that time of the year when our significant others buys us Godiva Chocolates
and all types of yummy treats to show their love and affection. Unfortunately, I am unable to indulge this year, my waist line and blood pressure is more important that a temporary high on chocolate. I used my husbands car tonight to go and cheat and buy some tempting snacks but when I got to the store, I felt guilty and I immediately thought "I am going to regret this in the morning so why even put myself through this". I bought some pistachos and peanuts with whole grain chips instead. YAY for me... I didn't even engorge myself in the snacks when I got home. I ate a few of each item and then put it away. I am so proud of myself for the amount of self control and restraint I have been practicing since starting this diet. Its amazing what the human mind is capable of once you commit to it. Anywho.. back to my husbands car. I swear I smelled some chocolate in his car. I looked in the back seat and saw a bag on the floor (I think). I didn't peek so maybe I was just hallucinating and hoping for some chocolate on the 14th. What was it? Was it for me? Gosh the thin girl inside me sure hope it isn't valentines day chocolates... maybe it was something related to work because I didn't look too hard but it sure did smell and look pretty nice. I will keep you guys posted on that.

It is unfortunate that when I started my journey, my Body Mass Index (BMI) was considered to be OBESE at a 30.9 reading for my weight of 197. Calculate your Body Mass Index here. I am now at a managable OVERWEIGHT index.

My number is now 29.0 for my weight of 185.

I was 183 at my last weigh in but somehow the scale crept up 2 lbs? (shrugging shoulders). I will not worry about it because I know its water weight due to Ant Flow being in town.... when she leaves, its going to be so fun to get on the scale and see the wonderful treat she leaves me in the form of digital numbers!!!
Well, I am blue because I can't eat chocolate but I can eat those sugar free chocolate pudding cups which are only 60 calories and so kind to my waist line. OK thats all for now, this blog was sooo random but I just wanted to get a few things off my chest in regards to the valentines day blues for not being able to eat chocolates.

9 comments:

  1. Ya, I had my weigh in a few weeks ago and had gone up 3 lbs. Next morning, Aunt Flo came for a visit..lol Great job on fighting the temptation not to gorge girl.((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fretting over this just yesterday ... Valentine's is such a beautiful Holiday (for someone who isn't trying to lose weight, that is .. lol) the chocolates and dinners ... ugh ... anywhoo ... Excellent job with the self-control and halting getting those snacks that you knew would lead to regret the next day ... that's what it's all about!!! Stay strong girl ... ;)

    I need to go check out those chocolate pudding cups I keep hearing about ... that might help nip my cravings for Godiva ... lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog...good luck and keep it up.
    BTW I am a scale addict too. Trying to quit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! My daughter wanted a poptart for breakfast yesterday and I immediately felt my mouth salivating (panting)! But I stayed away from the strawberry poptart. LOL Enjoy the Jello pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, you should be very proud of yourself! It's so easy to get tempted when you're in the store and the stuff is all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Diva! Remember, BMI isn't the only way to find out your fitness level. You can also use measurements or have your body fat measured by a qualified personal trainer. Sometimes BMI makes skinny people seem healthy and muscular people seem less healthy. It should be used along with other measurements.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for not following through on the cheat! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I'm a "different" Diva. I only crave chocolate when Aunt Flo stops by. Other than that, you can keep it. What's even weirder is that my HUSBAND is the Godiva fiend over here. I can go into Godiva without stress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know i have truly always had faith in you and i know we will do whatever it is you aim to do,good luck ,you look great after just having a baby sweetheart.The blog will prove to be an inspiration to so many others as well as you.Dag I need to take advantage of my membership at the gym and go workout too. much love and sucess

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin