"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scared of the Gym


It was 12/30/2008
I've never been one to go to the gym. I've been inside a few gyms in my lifetime (not to work out) but I never stayed long. I was always scared, ashamed, terrified, and intimidated by the thought of working out at a gym. I have a friend who lives here on base and she asked me one night to go with her. I had dedicated my whole evening to watching TLC (The Learning Channel) because they had a marathon on The
1000 lb dad
1000 lb teen
1000 lb mom
I watched 2 of them and all of a sudden my friend called and asked me if I felt up to going to the gym with her. Since watching the show had me so focused on not becoming the 1000 lb mom, I decided to go. At first I was going to ditch her and stay in and lay on the couch all night but since I'd vowed to go with her so many times before - this time I wouldn't let her down. We went, I surprised myself and did 20 minutes of running nonstop on the treadmill. It was all over from then... Ever since that day I haven't missed one trip to the gym. Although I'm usually in the top 5 of the biggest people in the gym, that doesn't discourage me. I still go because my health is far too important to give into such a silly notion that larger people can't work out at the gym. Since going, my blood pressure has went down, my legs and joints dont hurt anymore, and I have more energy to get more housework done and still spend ample amounts of time with my baby. Don't be afraid of the gym if I can go - YOU can go!

2 comments:

  1. Giiirl, I'm not going to lie. I can't do the gym. Once, I start sweating, the workout is OVA! I know a mess. I can do it at home, though. The Wii Fit is GREAT. I might do a video showing everybody how fun and useful it is...I don't know though. I can't show all my goodies and snacks shaking and moving ;@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i wear a sweater just so i can sweat. no pain no gain. sweat lets you know u are burning fat so sweat has become my best friend. I used to hate to sweat so i feel ya!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin