"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gym Challenge



This old pic of me was when I was over 200 lbs in 2007

OK, so my hubby is in the military which means I automatically get a free gym membership to any gym on a military base. The gym I attend has state of the art equipment and everything has a flat screen cable TV attached to it which is cool so I never miss any of my favorite shows because I am indeed a couch potato prior to my working out regimen. Anyway, when I get on the elliptical machine - I try to be the last one standing. When someone walks up to get on after I've been on it for - lets say - 30 minutes... I will still overexert myself in order to stay on longer than them. I never knew I was competitive until I started working out. I usually am the last one on the machines and they always get off before I do in a sweaty, out of breath mess. LOL I know I am wrong for secretly competing with any and everyone who walks up and gets on the machines. Hey, Its still fun and it makes working out so much more rewarding when I win. I doubt I would even join a gym if it wasn't for having the benefits of a gym included in my hubbys career:)

3 comments:

  1. And you STILL looked good. You GO girl! I think a lot of people at the gym have that competitive streak in them. Don't hurt yourself though. Sometimes you might want to "let them win."
    BTW, that elliptical machine is for thugs and gangsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you are right. I did it again lastnight with a couple who got on. I was already 30 minutes into my work out and then they showed up so I felt like I needed to stay on longer. In the end - you guessed it - I won LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look good gurl...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin