"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

When I was bigger

I am sorry I don't have too many body shots of when I was 215 lbs. I was ashamed of my body so therefore, I don't have any full shots and whenever I saw a camera I held in my tummy but on this one above, I didn't hold it in because I am not an alcohol drinker and my friends talked me into having a margarita since I was moving to Japan from America.... "come on Michelle, one wont hurt" - yes I gave into peer pressure and compromised my beliefs. I was tipsy and I was caught slipping/not holding in the tum-gut. Those pants were a size 16/18 and the shirt was a 2x. I am currently in a size 13 pants and my shirts are an XL or large.









And thats all I have, honestly - that is all I have even though I owned at the time 3 digital cameras and a whole drawer full of disposable cameras that my husbands church sent us. There you have it - the perfect example of a persons life non existent on film due to a weight problem. There, I said it!

3 comments:

  1. There you go again (looking at the pink tee.) You look so mean. I want to fight you in that pic! LOL
    Girl, I LOVE your eyebrows. I was cursed with small uneven hair follicles they call brows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when someone asked me if I had some pics of when I was larger. When I found them I was ready to just be sick. I ended up doing a devotional and shared the pic, EVEN on YouTube channel under freespirithaven. I can't tell you how many times I was ready to delete the whole post because I just didn't want to share that picture. When I was that big, I REALLY didn't think I was that big, UNTIL I saw those pics, I was like WHATTTTTT???? I thank God He has saved me from the pull and stronghold of food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dwana, LOL Yes i didnt like to take pics, i never really smiled when a camera was pointed in my face.
    Angela, I know the feeling of being a larger person and looking back on the film, just look at the first picture that is up. It looks like I stuffed some pillows in my stomach. Im going to check out your video tonight after I put the baby to sleep. I am glad that we are both embarking on this weight loss journey, thanks for the inspiration, i love your thankful thursdays and your blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin