"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My meeting with the Fitness Coordinator




Me 1/2009 @ 188 lbs

Today I met with a fitness coordinator affiliated with the U.S. Military. My husband is in the Navy so I get a whole lot of benefits in regards to a better, healthier me. One of those benefits happen to be the free gym as well as a fitness coordinator. So, you're asking yourself right now 'what does a fitness coordinator do'? Well, shes the one who works in the gym that gives you a detailed rundown on what you should be eating in your diet to lose weight and shes the one who shows me how to use the gym equipment efficiently to lose weight. I learned how to use a few machines and thats IT....
Let me tell ya'll something..... she didn't teach me anything that I didn't already know. The diet she laid out for me was what I am already eating. As a matter of fact, I gave her quite a few pointers. Heres a few of the ideas she took from me, she was so excited to have my tips as her own and asked if she could share them with future clients, I said sure. I told her:
  • Take an Omega 3 (fish oil) with 1 meal daily
  • Eat sugar free 70 calorie Jello Pudding cups for chocolate cravings
  • Use the powdered Fibersure Fiber powder in my water (5grams of fiber per serving)
  • Eat Kashi 7 grain crackers with Laughing Cow cheese for a snack
  • Eat edamame beans after my work out
  • Drink Lemon Water to detoxify and get the digestion system moving(more on this later)
  • Wear weights on my ankles when doing house work to get maximum calories burned
  • Use frozen fruit and blend it with yogurt to get my milk and fruit for the day
She told me that I should apply for the open position to be a fitness coordinator. I was like 'yea right' and she told me its a no experience required position. To be honest, I think she was being sarcastic and trying to belittle me but whatever - I wasn't too offended..atleast I didn't show it. For those of you who were looking for some tips from the fitness coordinator, I am sorry to tell you that I left with one tip from her. That tip is:
  • Always pair up a sugar, fruit, or carb with fiber in order to keep blood sugar levels normal
And thats all I got from her..... I am meeting with the dietitian next week, so I hope its better luck with her. I did learn how to use quite a few machines, but this food thing - I am still a baby in it and I am trying to become a diet food guru! Wish me luck

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is so informative. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you showing all your goodies and snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well go on diva...you teaching fitness "experts" thangs now! you know you on your business when you can do that!! i think you should take the open job. i dont care if she was being sarcastic. you got that focus that others can vibe off of & vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i definitely think you should apply for that job!

    if anything you're overly qualified for the position! you've set your own weightloss plans, put em to action, AND have seen great results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thanks ashleigh! U guys are great! Thanks for all the encouragement and advice as well as support!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin