"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Monday, February 23, 2009

PLATEAU CRISIS! Lingering on the scale...

Guys, you know I am the scale addict of the year. So I get on the scale every single day and the past month I am sitting at 181-183. Early mornings its at 179 but thats rare. I am doing everything right. I am working out diligently, I am eating right, I am getting a substantial work out in every opportunity I can get and Lord knows I am drinking ample amounts of water so whats with the dormant phase of 181-183 on the scale? I am so over it! What can I do to get the scale to continue to go down? I am doing everything right. What the hell is going on? What do you guys suggest, any advice would do me good right now because 20% of me feels like giving up while the other 80% knows that this is only a small bump and I will get over it. Can someone tell me what you did to get over the plateau?
**edit**
as you guys can see, I have lost atleast a pound every week for the past 3 weeks but I want to lose more like 3-4 lbs a week, any suggestions?

10 comments:

  1. im a little confused. your stats say youve lost every week. so im wondering what you consider to be a plateau?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to lose more than a pound a week, more like 2 or 3 lbs a week... I guess I should accept that pound a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. diva, i really enjoy your blog. ass long as you are losing you have not hit a platau. 3-4 pounds aweek is too much. try eating more protein and try a new exercise class or a different machine. most of all be patient with yourself, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont really know how you can double your weight loss because from watchng what you do etc you are doing everything well. perhaps this is just the way your body chooses to lose. unless youre willing to completely change either your workout routine or try introducing new foods into your daily diet regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with anonymous. Try a different exercise routine. You stated once you get on the elliptical. Instead, try running and walking for 45 minutes. Or walking (fast) 10 mins, run 15 mins, etc. I have always heard you have to shock your body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about wanting to still lose 3 to 4lbs a week. You might want to start measuring yourself. When you hit a plateau you aren't losing any weight BUT your body is still shrinking in and also your body might be exchanging fat for muscle. And just like the other people have said, change your workout routine or push yourself and do more or add in some resistance training. There are all sorts of things you can do to shake off a plateau. I always have to remind myself that muscle burns fat. The more muscle I gain the more fat I can burn off! Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the people that say try a new exercise routine! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with 3-4 lbs. a week being too much. To do this right, it takes time. Don't focus so much on the time frame either because as long as you are doing all the things to getting yourself healthy, that is the most important. Plus, the longer it takes, the more you have time to have these new eating habits to become ingrained in you! Don't fret - you are doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess you guys are right, i wont fret...thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hit a plateau and changed my weight routine from three exercises with three sets of 10 reps at increasing weight intervals to two exercises with three sets of 15 reps at the same weight. I went from losing no weight to losing 10 pounds in three weeks.

    I can't say specifically what will work for you, but lots of lower reps will keep your heartrate elevated and keep you burning for a good long while.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin