"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My healthy high protein dinner


I had baked chicken
brussel sprouts
black beans
water w/fiber sure
jello pudding for dessert:) (lowfat fa sho')
Notice the plate is very small, its a salad plate. Also take notice of the portions. When committing yourself to a weight loss plan...sometimes its necessary to say goodbye to the starch filled dishes at dinner time (brown rice, pasta, bread etc). You get carbs from the beans as well as the vegetables. I don't recommend completely cutting carbs but cutting back on the white breads and heavy starches at dinner is a good idea and if you do choose to indulge, always have a 1 cup serving. Black beans are extremely high in protein as well as fiber. Thats always a plus. Black beans could have been the main dish on my plate but since I am looking to build muscle in order to burn this fat, my protein portions has increased dramatically. Always make sure that protein is over 60% of your dinner and I promise results. If you like me posting what I eat, let me know so that I can do this more frequently.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you are eating. It helps give me ideas as well. This looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I totally agree that helps me figure out what portion size I should be eating..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin