Now, most of us do not know this. Our bodies choose to store fat in our bellies because its lots of space there and its convenient for our bodies to store it there. Our bodies say "Gee, look at all that space, lets put the cheeseburger and fries RIGHT there on his/her tummy after it digests"! VOILA, there goes your belly fat, stored up to live happily ever after (not unless a famine comes along).
Well, when we venture on our weight loss quest, we intend to lose body fat, right. Well, you do - just in the places you wish would go last and not first. For instance, when I started to lose weight, my legs were the first to go. I still had the belly fat, and I looked like a chicken in the mirror LOL! Every pound of fat you lose from the belly, it takes fat from another part of the body and stores it in your tummy (again, prepping for the famine). This means you have excess fat, which is why you are partaking in the weight loss efforts in the first place! Don't you wish you could sit down and have a nice long conversation with your body and make it do what you want it to do?
Unfortunately, we do not have that option, so this is what you have to do:
- Eat more often, a minimum of 6 short meals a day.
- Have a portion of lean protein in every meal. This could be a protein shake, chicken breast etc...
- Eat a high calorie breakfast (but lowfat), and dinner like a toddler.
- Always eat your green vegetables, and get lots of fiber in your diet.
- Try to have a glass of green tea after every meal. This helps control your hunger.
- Drink plenty of water a day, theres no getting around it!
- Keep sugar levels low. Don't keep them too low because you need sugar in your system to keep us active.
- NEVER STARVE YOURSELF, eat 6x a day no matter what! If you starve yourself, that triggers fasting inside your delicate system, and the body stores more fat instead of burning it (again, prepping for the famine - the body is an amazing vessel)
- Here is the part we hate to hear. Burn fat all over your body with excercise. Try some resistance training with weights. If you burn fat all over, fat can not survive in our bellies for too long. At first, you will not see results but when you do, pat yourself on the back and be proud of what you have achieved! Remember to stay at it. It will be worth it in the end!
I know all of this sounds simple, but when you try to commit to following these simple steps, you fall short after the first few days. If you need help and support, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you encouragement and guidance for FREE!