"Paint the picture of your life, live it, and make it a masterpiece"!!

Monday, April 27, 2009

My My My!!!


As some of you know, I took a vacation and gained upwards of 10 lbs within 2 weeks. All of that hard work and dedication came to a screeching halt once I arrived in America ( I live in Japan at the moment). My sis in law, mom, and family cooked the most delightful foods and deserts that a tongue palette could ever taste! I know I ate atleast 4000 calories every single day I was home, and if you do the math... my weight gain calculates to that. I told everyone that I am on a diet but they still cooked foods and insisted I eat them, they still fed me the wonderful calories that my body craved, and they still had their homes smelling of sweet, mouth watering soul foods that I grew up on and haven't tasted since 2005. Sure, I am an adult, I can make my own decisions...and I guess I made the wrong ones......heres the break down!

3500 calories = 1 pound
I was there for 2 weeks
2 weeks = 14 pounds
I gained = 10 lbs in 2 weeks

So, If I were supposed to gain 14 lbs, I guess that means that my metabolism must have burnt off the other 4 lbs of misery I would have gained if it weren't for my metabolism working in my corner. Nevertheless, I will quit the whining and feeling sorry for myself....
On the brighter side, as soon as I got back, I lost all of the weight right away. I lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks (give or take a few days). I then lost 1 more pound the following week after my successful 10 lb loss, and then another pound this week so give it up for me you guys! A standing ovation for losing a total of 12 lbs since I got back from america, the beautiful!
To those of you who read my blog, I love u guys and keep rooting for me... I need ALLLL of the support that i can get. Much love
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! My sister lives in a suburb of Tokyo. It's a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should feel bad, I mean you were on vacation and and among loved ones. Now, you've had fun and you just get back to your plan when you good back. Your weight loss is where I need to get my lazy butt, and I have no excuses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing news! ... Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minor setbacks do not stop the great amount of work you have done so far keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am so proud of you. Jumping right back into the plan after the vacation. Just look how much you have lost since them.
    Way to go.
    marjie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life shouldn't stop when you're on a diet. I know looking at the scale go up is hard but vacations don't last forever. There's always a new opportunity to get back on track. Sounds like the food was great and so was the company you ate with.
    Now, it's just time to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey, you were on vacation! Life is meant to be lived, so just get back on track!

    Most of that is probably the salt anyways..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin